The benefits of a dog daycare are many...
* it provides exercise and physical stimulation for dogs of all ages, sizes and activity levels.
* it provides mental stimulation.
* it gives them an outlet for all of their pent up energy.
* if you are having difficulty house training your puppy.
* if you are having company over, redecorating or going away for the day.
* if you work long hours and are not home for the majority of the day.
* if you don't have time in your busy schedule to take your dog for a long walk and some exercise.
* no more guilty feelings of leaving your pet alone all day.
* after playing all day, your dog will come home happy, socialized and best of all, tired.
* dogs are pack animals and strive in an environment that allows them to interact with members of their own species.
* it is a solution to separation anxiety behaviours such as chewing, digging, barking and general destructiveness.
What to expect from your dog after attending doggie daycare.
Dogs are like children, they get into everything, except they play with their mouths/teeth and paws. Dogs may come home with scratches, bumps and bruises. They may get a type of illness associated with being around other dogs. Most common illnesses are upper respiratory illnesses such as kennel cough(similar to the human cold), or intestinal parasites.
They may have sore pads. Running around on different surfaces may be rough on your pet's feet. You may notice a limp in your dog. This should subside as your pet's feet become adjusted to the increase in exercise and their paws become tougher. Sort of like calluses in people.
Your pet may have so much fun at Paws for Love Inc. that they may forget to pace themselves. Therefore they may develop temporary sore muscles from the increase in activity. Over time this will fade as you see them get stronger and more in shape.
The new social interaction your pets will encounter while being at Paws for Love Inc. will be both physically as well as mentally exhausting. Your pet may need a lot of rest when they get home.
Your pet's enthusiasm to enter the facility will begin to grow as they get more and more used to the environment. Eventually, they will most likely be just as excited to get here as they are when you come to pick them up.
Your pet's coat may be wet when you pick them up during the summer months. On hot summer days, they may have been lounging in one of our pools or playing in the sprinklers. Not to worry, the water is changed frequently to keep them clean and healthy.
Your pet's tail may be wagging and you may even see a smile on their face. It will be their way of saying "thanks" for bringing them to Paws for Love Inc.